Mes chers amis,
In cooperation with updated Diocesan policies regarding the Coronavirus outbreak, the following directives are effective immediately at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church:
Bishop Deshotel says: “As a Diocesan family, our top priority remains the health and safety of the people of our community, especially the most vulnerable among us. Upon consultation with my fellow Bishops of the State and out of an abundance of caution, all public Masses (weekday and weekend) in the Diocese of Lafayette will be suspended until April 13, 2020. Therefore, my earlier dispensation from Sunday Masses remains in place.”
I will continue to offer Holy Mass privately each day for the requested Mass intentions and for the Church and the world during this crisis.
Until further notice, the church office will be observing strict business hours to the public Monday-Friday from 8:00am - noon. Essential business only. If the business can be handled via phone, we strongly encourage you not to come to the office in person.
All Sacramental records must be requested via phone and will be mailed.
Mass intentions may be requested over the phone and the stipend should be submitted via the mail or dropped off via the mail slot at the church office.
Collection envelopes may be mailed in or dropped off via the mail slot at the church office. Please avoid licking the envelopes to seal them.
Funerals with immediate family only with graveside services. A memorial Mass will be scheduled at a later date.
Weddings are to be celebrated with immediate family only.
I remind everyone of the opportunities to view Holy Mass, including Holy Week services.
• The daily noon Mass and the Sunday 11:00am Mass from the Cathedral are live streamed on the home page of the Diocese of Lafayette website.
• St. Mary Mother of the Church is live streaming their 8:00am Sunday Mass on their website.
• St. Pius X is live streaming their 9:00am Sunday Mass on their website.
Below are some of the recommended spiritual practices you may consider:
• 15-30 minutes of intentional prayer
• Reading and meditating on the Bible, especially the readings of the day
• Praying the Stations of the Cross. There are outdoor Stations of the Cross available in various locations through the Diocese. If prayed in groups, please remember to keep appropriate spacing.
• Praying the rosary individually or in small well-spaced groups, perhaps outside.
• Praying the Litany of St. Joseph, and/or of the Blessed Mother, Sacred Heart and of all the Saints.
For more information, see the Bishop's directives at www.diolaf.org. Please continue to monitor our Parish’s website and Facebook Page and the proper authorities for continuing development in our response to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Remember that panic, hysteria, and anxiety can never be the responses of a Christian. The Prince of Peace will guide us during these difficult times and, by the grace of God and the intercession of His holy Mother, bring everything to a peaceful resolution.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I encourage all to be faithful to prayer and to be prudent when making a decision for yourself or your family.
Dans le Cœur Immaculé de Marie,